Our Community & Environmental Responsibility
We live and work here
What does community mean to you? At Turn Key Auto we believe in supporting our local community through working on projects in our neighborhoods, helping out with the kid’s school and recreational activities, and donating to worthy organizations and causes. Turn Key Auto Service has donated to the following charities in honor of the great people drawn for our Customer of the Month. Each month we draw a name for Customer of the Month, that lucky customer receives a $100.00 VIP Card good toward service at Turn Key Auto and a donation to the charity(501-c3) of their choice. We are blessed by the diversity and generosity of our customers. Giving back to our community is part of our commitment to the greater good.
- Cocoon House ( A at- risk teen shelter)
- Snohomish Senior Services- Meals on Wheels
- Planned Parenthood
- Everett Gospel Mission
- Hand in Hand ( A family support center in Everett)
- Center for Whale Research
- Seattle Children's Hospital
- Pregnancy Crisis Center
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- International Bat Conservancy
- Red Cross
- Child Strive (formally Little Red Schoolhouse)
- The International Justice Mission
- Heifer International
- Everett YMCA
- Special Bunny ( A bunny rescue shelter)
- Everett Animal Shelter
- Leukemia Lymphoma Society
- UN Refugee Fund
- NW Harvest Food Bank
- Agape Girls Guild for Mitochondrial Disease
Green Automotive Service
Let’s face it, automotive service is not exactly a low impact business. Unfortunately, the automotive business in general has a rather poor track record for environmental stewardship. At Turn Key Auto Service, we’re different, we think about what we do, and more importantly, we recycle what we can and handle our waste stream responsibly.
Turn Key Auto Service does what it can to protect and preserve our environment by properly disposing of used oil and chemical products, recycling batteries and oil properly and appropriately maintaining older cars.
You can also protect the environment by making sure that your car does not have leaks that drain into the street and then into streams, rivers, bays, lakes and the ocean. Leaks can come from a variety of sources in your vehicle, antifreeze, motor oil, brake fluid, and auto transmission fluid. All of these fluids have serious environmental impacts.
If you detect a leak, call us immediately. You will not only be ensuring the safe and efficient operation of your car, you'll be protecting our fragile environment as well. Americans spill 180 million gallons of used oil into our waterways each year. That's 16 times the amount of oil spilled by the Exxon Valdez in Alaska!
Household battery disposal – Tiny but Toxic
When bringing in your vehicle for service, grab your bag of dead batteries to bring Turn Key Auto Service to be recycled properly.
Every year we set out to do 2 or 3 distinct things that will make the business and grounds better for our staff, our community and our environment. After all, we live here too. It starts with the little things, and little things add up quickly.
How We Handle Automotive Service Waste Products
- A/C Refrigerant (R134) – Captured and Recycled.
- Antifreeze – Recycled.
- Batteries – Recycled and exchanged
- Brake Fluid – Recycled with waste oil. (For reasons of safety, we use only new brake fluid for service.)
- Engine Oil – Recycled into heating oil and other oil products. (But we don’t use recycled oil in our customer cars, nor do we recommend you use it, instead we only use new factory approved Castrol or Mobil products.)
- Part Cleaning Solvent – We contract with Chevron to properly recycle this fluid.
- Tires – Recycled into other rubber products, even road bedding!
- Transmission Fluid – Recycled into heating oil and other oil products.
- Waste Water – Oil/water separator catches any waste products before they enter the groundwater system.